Noyeks Newmans Know How* - Tradition & Expertise. Browse through our page and get inspired!
Wood Flooring - Know How
***At Noyeks we recommend that you always use a qualified flooring installer***
How To Lay A Wood Or Laminate Floor? Site Preparation Instructions
- Always use a professional floor installer.
- On concrete subfloors always have the moisture levels checked.
- Check floor levels.
- Concrete subfloors should always be covered with a moisture barrier.
- Timber subfloors should be checked for moisture levels and any boards that are loose or squeak should be repaired. Do not use a vapour barrier over timber subfloors.
How To Grade Wooden Floor Boards? Fitting Instructions
Grading floor boards and fitting practice:
- Flooring should be on site for 24/48hrs before installation and stored flat, if recommended by the manufacturer.
- Work from two packs of flooring at any one time, leave the rest of the packs sealed until required.
- Check the board and grade them for colour and character.
How To Install Skirting Boards On A Wooden Floor? Care & Maintenance Tips
Care and maintenance:
- All furniture should have felt pads or cups between them and the wood flooring.
- Flooring should be cleaned with a light detergent and a well rung out cloth or mop.
- Any spills on the floor should be dried up as soon as possible.
How To Under Cut Frames When Installing A Wooden Floor?
- Taking the thickness of the floor and the underlay.
- Cut the frames out for a seamless finish.
- Undercut the frame and architrave so the floor fits flush underneath the frame.
How To Stagger Head Joints When Installing A Wooden Floor?
Staggering the head joints:
- The head joints on the flooring should be staggered so as not to have horizontal lines running across the floor.
- When laying the first line of boards, use the off-cut from the last board as your first board on the next row.
How To Clean Laminate Flooring?
- Remove loose surface dirt with a vacuum cleaner.
- With a damp cloth or well-wrung mop, remove dust and loose dirt.
- You can also use ready-to-use impregnated cleaning cloths or wet wipes.
- If you are planning to remove or loosen stubborn dirt by using cleaner/detergent please read the instruction on this product first.
How To React For A Spill On A Laminate Flooring With The Aquastop Technology?
If you have a spillage on a laminate flooring with the Aquastop technology dry out and clean your floor as normal. 14mm Swisskrono Grand Selection Evolution guarantees up to 24h water resistance. 14mm Swisskrono Grand Selection Origin or Authentic with the highest resistance will only swell 0,51% after 72 hours whereas the international norm for laminate flooring is under 18% in 24 hours in a water bath.
How To Install A Wood Flooring From HKS?
Place the first engineered board with the grooved side against the wall. Provide room for an expansion of 15 mm with spacers. Lay out the first row of floor boards - grooved side towards the wall. Make sure that all boards are tightly joined together. Shorten the last section of the row. Leave 15 mm space for the expansion. The reminder of the shortened part at the end of the row can each time be used as the start of the next row. Start the second row on the same side as the first row and ensure that the ends of the engineered boards are staggered by a minimum of 40 cm facing the previous row. Saw the floor board through the centre of the cut out section at 45° angle. Fit both parts around the duct and adjust. For the positioning of the last row of floor boards, measure the remaining width between the last-placed row and the wall. Saw the board to the correct measurement. Lay the final floor sections.
How To Install Herringbone Laminate Floors From Swisskrono?
Laminate herringbone doesn't have to be difficult to install! Easy-to-handle two-piece sets with the CLICK system make laying a herringbone laminate floor covering easier than ever. Swisskrono created a video that shows step by step how to lay a herringbone floor.
Decking - Know How
***At Noyeks we recommend that you always use a qualified decking installer***
How To Properly Maintain A Subframe?
Your subframe needs good ventilation. Air must be able to flow unobstructed around the entire frame. Joist centres should be at 350mm max. If you are using an existing subframe you will most likely need to add additional joisting. Where the head joint of your decking boards meets on the subframe you will need two joists with a gap of 20mm between the joists (also known as a double joist). At the edge of the frame at an exit or entry point, you should also have a double joist, Up to a 50mm gap is fine here. The subframe should have a sufficient gradient to allow water to drain off the deck boards. All cuts on the subframe should be treated with a timber preservative. It is very important to spend time and make sure that the subframe is constructed and fitted correctly. The performance and look of your decking boards are the reflection of how well your subframe is constructed.
How To Care & Maintain For Composite Decking?
Clay, dirt and green can be cleaned with warm water and cleaner. Stronger dirt can be removed with a plastic brush. Pressure washers, steam cleaners or sandblasting must NOT be used. For maintenance and removal of low signs of usage, you should clean the surface regularly with a scrubbing brush (silicon carbide – broom) lengthways. Damages like scratches or burned spots, remove as much as possible. There is one exception - Capri Terrace/Protect Duo can only be cleaned with warm water and a suitable cleaner to avoid damaging the cover. For WPC or BPC decked terraces, the rules are similar to wooden or plastic floorings. Hard wheels/rollers and coloured furniture feet can cause visible abrasion, discolouration or damage on the surface. Rollers and slides should be checked at invisible spots before use.
How To Install Composite Decking?
Store the decking lying flat on flat ground, dry, with air circulation and without direct covering do not throw, twist, bend or tilt the decking. The perfect temperature for installation is 10-25 °C. Do not install in extremely low or high-temperature conditions. Drill the holes before screwing the fixing clips. Plan 2% incline for water drain alongside the planks away from the building. Check the planks before installation and put damaged parts aside. Please do not install any damaged parts. Claims for noticeable defects will not be accepted if the material is already installed. The ground must be free from vegetation, sustainable, water-absorbing and safe from freeze. Water needs to run off. Always plan incline forcing the water away from the building. For enough air circulation, you need at least 2.5 cm of air under the decking and all around it. When laying the planks please ensure that they are laid all in the same direction. Composite decking can swell with temperature and humidity and shrink when cold and dry. With the installation, this movement must not be hindered. The planks must be fixed only with the stainless steel clip on each frame. The distance of the planks to parts of the building must be a minimum of 2.5 cm. When laying spliced planks the distance between the ends of the planks is 7 mm.
How To Install Exterpark Decking?
If the base is solid but water-absorbing, you need to install a plastic sheet to block humidity. On a solid and waterproof base, you can lay out joists at 36cm span on top of levelling items such as pedestals and wedges at 45-55cm span. When your base is ground lay and level up to 15cm of gravel stones and slopes to lead water to the drainage point. Exterpark decking can't be installed directly on the ground. Keep space of 10-15cm between base and deck to provide air circulation and avoid condensation. The layout of deck boards and joists must be overlapping 50%. Weather conditions such as temperature and humidity at the time of installation must be taken into account for the 4mm expansion gap. In the summertime, you should have no less than 1mm expansion gap. Recommended joist span is 36cm for most cases of moderate to intense traffic use. In more demanding conditions (busy pedestrian areas) you should get a span of 31cm. The Minimum recommended height is 10/15 cm and 2% drainage slope.
Kitchens - Know How
***At Noyeks we recommend that you always use a qualified installer***
How To Use Waste Disposal Unit From Franke?
How to use:
- Turn on your cold tap.
- Start your waste disposer before scraping food deposits into the unit whilst the water is flowing.
- Keep the water flowing for another 30 seconds to ensure that all waste is thoroughly flushed through the trap and drain
How To Install A Composite Worktop?
Required tools & materials(as per Unica):
- Sandpaper & abrasive pad
- adhesive & sealant
- 20ml solvent & 20ml linseed oil
- Applicator & scraper
- 3x toggle bolts
- 3x wooden biscuit
- 10x under-mount sink clip inserts
- compact laminate worktop jig and pegs
- router with a minimum of 1600W capability
- 30mm guide bush
- 12.7mm router cutter with 50mm cut length
- biscuit jointer, quick release clamps
Miter the worktop and cut biscuits and bolt slots. Unika recommends TopSeal which is a brand new colour match adhesive and sealant for laminates and compact laminate worktop joints. TopSeal is the latest generation of high-performance, toughened polymer technology. Key each cut edge with the 320 grid nylon pad and then clean with a little acetone to remove any dirt. Dry fit the worktops. Fix the applicator and apply an even bead around one side of the worktop joint. Also, apply to the biscuit slots before putting the biscuits in place. Bring the joints together and tighten the toggle bolts using the 3mm hex key taking care, not to over tighten them. Quickly remove the excess. If the worktop is heavily textured it may be necessary to use acetone. It may be necessary to fit sink clips - compact worktops cannot be screwed into directly as this can result in the worktop splitting. Use spreader dowels and roofing bolts. Firstly mark the fixing positions of the clips on the reverse of the worktop. Using an 8.5mm diameter drill with a depth stop set between 9-10mm drill out the selected number of holes. Push the spreader dowels in so they sit flush to the underside of the worktop. The roofing bolts can then be placed through the sink clip and through the brass spreader dowel and tightened with the screwdriver.
Panel Products - Know How
How To Mount An Acoustic Panel?
Tools to use: work boots, jigsaw, fine cutter, drill, sanding block & sandpaper, measuring tape & knife:
- Measure the height of the wall.
- Measure the width of the wall.
- Review product quality.
- Mark measurements and cut the excess of a panel with a jigsaw or hand saw.
- Clean (vacuum) the panel before installation
- Cut the excess foam with a sharp utility knife.
- Polish edges of the panel with sandpaper.
- Add 15 screws before installation.
- Place a panel on the wall or ceiling and drill screws to it. 10. Continue with remaining panels - at the end use a finishing list and glue it.
*DISCLAIMER: Please note Noyeks Ltd cannot accept any responsibility under any circumstances for any loss incurred as a result of the know-how advice offered in good faith. At all times Noyeks Ltd., recommend that you use a suitably qualified and registered individual to complete the required works ie Carpenter, Flooring installer, Decking Installer, Electrician, Plumber, Gas installer, Builder etc… the advice we offer is purely a guide to help you understand more what is needed to be done by a suitable professional employed by you.