Mason Quartz Tops
There are a few things to consider when choosing your granite worktop:
- Granite vs. Quartz: They are normally the same price so that isn't an issue. Granite is the natural mined product whereas Quartz is Granite or similar product crushed, and resins are then added. It has a more uniform look to Granite
- Upstand: This is a 100mm trim around the worktop. It gives the worktop a more complete and integrated finish
- Hob Splashback: Basically a piece of the granite on the wall behind the hob / range
- Sink choice: Options are: Undermounted or Inset (Surface mounted) stainless steel sink or a Ceramic ( “Belfast” ) sink
People generally go for the undermounted sink. A major advantage it has is that the draining board is cut into the worktop, thus giving a more integrated look.
- Tap choice: We carry our own range and are also agents for Franke. Their range of sinks and taps are hard to beat
- Colour: The last decision to be made is the colour. You could contrast the worktop against the colour of your kitchen doors, i.e. if you have a bright ivory/cream door, a black granite top would look well. If you don’t see what you like, let us see an example of the colour you like as there should be no problem getting it or a very close alternative
The first step is for our installer to call out and do a template for your new worktop. Once we get that we can get you a quote. Use the contact section to arrange an appointment for the installer. If you are happy with everything, the whole process takes approximately 1-2 weeks.